On Sunday was what the ski patrollers call a "work party" which is not really a party except for the food was free. We did work and learned how to evacuate a chair lift. Mind you the chair lift was not in motion but one of the head patrollers was like ok we need volunteers to go up on the chair lift to show the rest how it is done. AGAIN THE LIFT WAS NOT MOVING!!!! Guess how we got up there? ( yes I was one of the guinea pigs to be lifted up) So I was lifted up into the air by rope and this shovel looking chair which is metal of course and there I went 20 feet into the air shaking!! My state of my mind was I really hope this thing can hold me or I will freak out. I got up on the chair lift safely and 2 others followed. Then while we were up there the rest joked how they were going to leave us up there. Haha!!! Anyways We then got down the same way we got up and it was ok in the end.
The rest of the day we ate lunch and learned more about the hill we are going to be working on and where things are like the infirmary and where the sleds where to being people down when they are injured. It was a nice way to meet the other patrollers and get to know them. Plus the other newbies who are going to be there.
All in all it was a lot of fun and this is going to be a great way to help people and leisure in the best way possible and that is on the hill doing the sport I love.
P.S. The hockey game was a close one but Price came up on top yet again!!! hehe GO HABS GO!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment