Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Classes on Being a Ski Patroller! Leisure or not???


Some might think that why are you taking another class and on a Saturday?? People think I'm crazy and that it must be stressful waking up at 6:45 in the morning every Saturday and going all the way to St-Therese for a class. Ya I'm not going to lie and say it is not stressful but this is what I have wanted to do since I got to know the ski patrollers at the hill I skied on. This for me is great to making more friends and helping others in need. 

I would say that if i enjoy doing this and I do not mind having to get up so early in the morning to do it then yes this is leisure for me. I know I will be graded on what I learned but I am having a great time doing it. Learning about broken bones, how to mend wounds etc... This is quite interesting and I can not wait for the next class where we learn about how to put the client safely on a plank to ensure they are safe in the sled for transport down the hill. 
Ill keep you posted on how that goes. :) 

No comments: